Dr. Bastian Steinhoff-Knopp
- Regulating ecosystem services (analysis and modeling)
- Soil-related ecosystem services
- Monitoring and modeling of soil erosion by water
- Developing UAS- and TLS-based methods to quantify soil erosion
- Mobile GIS for landscapeecological field surveys
- Modeling site-specific drought stress risk
- International Association for Landscape Ecology IALE (Vice-Secretary General and Communication Officer)
- Representatitve of the scientific staff in the Council of the Natural Sciences Faculty (Leibniz University Hannover)
- Reviewer for the journals CATENA, Agronomy, One Ecosystem, Applied Sciences, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Land Degradation & Development (see publons-Profil)
- since 2011 Scientific employee at the Institute for Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology, Leibniz Universität Hannover.
- 2011 Lecturer for GIS-Training at the Institute for Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology, Leibniz Universität Hannover.
- 2003 – 2005 Voluntary Ecological Year und Civilian Service at der Bürgerinitiative Umweltschutz Hannover e.V.
- 2016 PhD in Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.) at Leibniz Universität Hannover; Topic of dissertation: „
- The site-specific drought stress risk of forests in North-Western Switzerland: spatially high-resolution modelling on the example of the Cantons Basel-Landschaft and Basel-Stadt.“
- 2011 Diploma in Geography; Topic of the thesis: „Modelling of spatial structure for the spatial-explicit estimation of soil loss rates.“
- 2005 – 2011 Studies at the Leibniz Universität Hannover: Geography (with priority on Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology), Kartography and Geoinformatic, Geology.
- 2003: Abitur Gymnasium Michelsenschule Hildesheim